Presentations for Educators
Members of our faculty present regularly at the IDA Annual Conference, ISABC Pro-D Conference, CAIS, CUEBC and Executive Function & Learning West Coast conferences, as well as the EdTechTeacher and GAFE (IOS & Google) Summits.
Upcoming Talks & Conferences
April 9-10, 2021
Orton-Gillingham Academy Annual Conference (Online/Virtual event)
THE BREADTH AND DEPTH OF THE ORTON-GILLINGHAM APPROACH
Complexity of Teaching Older Students to Read (Session 5B)
Co-lead by Colleen Chow, FIT/OGA, Ellen O'Brien, FIT/OGA, and Elizabeth Johnson, F/OGA
Often students come to tutoring with some knowledge of their sounds in isolation and a wealth of memorized words, but they fall well below grade level in reading. This session will focus on how to teach the older child word attack skills while addressing their emotional needs.
Our educators offer training in:
- Differentiation in the Classroom: An overview
- Differentiation: How can I make assignments accessible to all learners?
- Executive Function in the Classroom: An overview
- Executive Function in the Classroom: Improving self-awareness to support growth
- Structured Literacy: How and why should I apply these strategies in the classroom?
- The Writing Process: How can I improve and expand student writing skills in the classroom?
Feel free to reach out to see about a customized presentation for our organization.
Fraser Academy’s leading expertise in dyslexia fills a critical gap. We are impressed with the Academy’s extensive knowledge and efforts to provide services and share its knowledge in communities. Fraser Academy provides crucial intervention services that help people with dyslexia live into their full potential.Dr. Joanne Curry Vice-President, External Relations at SFU