Last Updated: July 24, 2019
Consent and Information Collection
Use of Information
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To support the development and delivery of our educational programs;
- To communicate with parents and students, process applications, and to provide students with educational services and related programs;
- To enable the school to operate its administrative function, including payment of school fees, and maintain non-educational school programmes, including parent and volunteer participation and fundraising;
- To provide health, psychological, or legal information to provide certain specialized services in those areas or as adjunct information in delivering educational services;
- To communicate with parents (past and present), students (past and present), and friends and supporters of Fraser Academy to inform them of activities and events in the promotion of the school, including fundraising initiatives;
- For our internal business purposes, such as to analyze trends and statistics, for audits, to develop new programs, to enhance our websites, to improve our programs and services, to identify usage trends and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- To prevent, detect and investigate activity and transactions that are suspicious, fraudulent, or violate our Website Terms and Conditions;
- As required or authorized by law; and
- Other purposes consented to by you.
You also may provide personal information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Examples of User Contributions are personal information provided for the purposes of inclusion in public contact lists, and personal information contained within or connected to photographs, videos or other media. Your User Contributions are published or displayed on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Sharing of Personal Information
Fraser Academy may disclose an individual’s personal information to others in connection with the purpose for which it was collected and used, as consented to by the individual, or as required or permitted by law. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, examples of where your personal information may be disclosed include:
- Other educational institutions may contact Fraser Academy for personal information about students. For example, if a student moves to another school, student records may be requested by the enrolling institution. Permission to pass on these records is usually obtained when the student is registered and authorizes the school to disclose such information to other appropriate educational institutions for ongoing educational purposes.
- Personal information may be used to enable Fraser Academy to provide the education-related and administrative services usually offered by the school. These services include phone trees, participation groups, parent meetings, fundraising, events, and other services.
- Fraser Academy may share your personal information with certain service providers, including without limitation hosting providers, printers, vendors, consultants and credit card or payment processing companies (“Service Providers”). When we engage Service Providers who manage personal information on our behalf and/or perform services on our behalf, such as hosting content, conducting surveys, sending communications or helping prevent fraudulent transactions, we may share your personal information with such Service Providers under the requirement that such personal information is used only to provide services to us.
Fraser Academy is not responsible for the actions of any independent third parties you may choose to engage with directly, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties
Rights to Your Information
We strive to ensure that any personal information we retain and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which we will use it. You have the right to access your own personal information that has been collected. If our records regarding your personal information are inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend that information at your request.
We may also use your personal information and Website usage statistics to generate Aggregated Data for internal use and for sharing with others on a selective basis. “Aggregated Data” means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying customers or users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in Aggregated Data.
Cookies and Log Files
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or functionality of our Website.
Change of Ownership or Business Transition
In the event of a change of ownership or other business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air, is guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please remember that you control what personal information you provide while using the Website. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any personal information provided in connection with the use of the Website. Always be careful and responsible regarding your personal information. We are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Website.
Similarly, we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of any personal information or other information which you receive from other users through the Website, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any personal information or other information which you may receive using the Website. We cannot guarantee, or assume any responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the personal information or other information provided by any third party. You release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such personal information or other information of others.