The health and safety of our students, families, and faculty is a priority. Thank you for working together with us to keep our community safe and well!
Overview of Health & Safety Protocols as of January 2022:
- Non-medical masks are required for all students in Grades K-12, and all adults when in the school.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of the school building continues.
- Natural ventilation maximized by opening the doors and windows and Hepa Air filter systems used in rooms that do not have access to fresh air, continues.
- Frequent hand hygiene throughout the school day continues.
- Daily Health Checks must continue to be completed by everyone prior to entering the school.
- Hallways have a one-way corridor system. Signs and directional arrows are used to provide guidance.
- School assemblies are held virtually
- Visitors are not permitted to attend the school except when absolutely necessary; pre-approval is required from the Deputy Head of School or their designate.
- Middle School Flex block is broken up into smaller groups, rather than full grade.
- Optional Gr 10-12 Flex Block continues:
– Senior School Study Hall is broken up into smaller groups.
– Students who attend Flex Block are required to use the time to meet with an educator or study on the North Campus. Senior students who take the bus are welcome on the North Campus during Flex without appointments.
– All Gr 10-12 students should be on site for Period 1 no later than 8:40am Mon-Thurs and 8:00am on Friday.
- Staggered Dismissal continues:
– Grade 7/8 students dismissed at 3:25pm Mon-Thurs; 2:20pm on Friday.
– Grades 9-12 students dismissed at 3:35pm Mon-Thurs; 2:15pm on Friday.
- BC School Sports and clubs are being offered.
- BC Centre for Disease Control: K-12 School Setting
- Impact of School Closures on Learning, Child and Family Well-Being During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- BC’s Back to School Plan
- BC’s Restart Plan
- Provincial COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines for K-12 Settings
- WorkSafe BC COVID-19 Information and Resources
- BC Centre for Disease Control: Contact Tracing in Schools
Quick reference sheets:
- erase (Expect Respect and a Safe Education)
- Keep Learning
- Mental Well-Being Information and Resources for Students, Families, and Caring Adults
- Stigma, Prejudice and COVID-19
- Managing COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Coping with Covid-19 – Anxiety Canada
- Parenting During Covid-19 – Kelty Mental Health
- Active Kids are Healthy Kids – Translink
- Stigma-Free COVID-19 Youth Wellness Toolkit