Congratulations to the 24 members of the Fraser Academy Grad Class 2020 who have received 38 early acceptances to post-secondary institutions thus far, with more news coming each day!
• Audrey A., accepted to Concordia University, University of Victoria, University of Northern British Columbia and Langara College.
• Frank C., accepted to Bishop’s University, Huron University at Western, Trent University and Carleton University with $10,000 in entrance scholarships.
• Brooklyn V., accepted to Langara College, Bishop’s University, York University and Wilson School of Design at KPU.
• Nathan N., accepted to Langara College, Kwantlen Polytechnic University and Simon Fraser University.
• Cameron H., accepted to HAS University of Applied Sciences and Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
• Maile C., accepted to Quest University with a $14,000 renewable scholarship.
• Emil H-L., accepted to Vancouver Island University.
• Alex VDP., accepted to Kwantlen Polytechnic University and the Justice Institute of BC.
• Halle P., accepted to University of British Columbia Okanagan and Okanagan College.
• Riley R., accepted to Lattitude Global Volunteering and Okanagan College.
• Jack P., accepted to Capilano University.
• Alexis D., accepted to Langara College, Douglas College and Vancouver Island University.
• Ellie E., accepted to Vancouver Island University, Langara College, University of Victoria and awarded the Dennis Minns Memorial Scholarship for those who demonstrate commitment to volunteerism and the sport of Ringette.
• Jack C., accepted to Langara College.
• Aryelah S., accepted to Corpus Christi College.
• Renee W., accepted to UBC Okanagan and Vancouver Island University.
• Justin P., accepted to Emily Carr University of Art & Design.
• Sophie L., accepted to Langara College.
Basketball is coming to a close and all our teams showed incredible improvement and resilience throughout the season.
Odyssey 2020 started off the semester with lots of adventures. They spent time in Pacific Spirit Park observing and identifying our native tree species, followed by a Wilderness First Aid course. At Callaghan, they spent a day cross-country skiing and biathlon followed by avalanche skills training and an overnight camp in the snow.