When I enrolled at Fraser Academy for Grade 8, my perspective on education completely changed; it gave me the foundation I needed to succeed at post-secondary and in my work today. I am thankful for my experience at FA and am thrilled to hear that the Changing Destinies Fund appeal is focusing on math remediation. To my peers who are challenged by math, I hope my story motivates you to keep at it. I now use math all day, every day, and enjoy reading mechanical manuals before bed - quite ironic!Mitch Lusztig, Class of 2018
Help us improve our leading math approach!
161 of our 270 students have a specific diagnosis in math, and many more find math difficult due to reading and working memory challenges.
Research has evolved to evaluate full student profiles, and reaffirms that a multisensory approach is the most effective way to teach math. It provides a stronger path to math literacy, building a solid foundation of number sense and, ultimately, mastery of concepts. This approach is effective for all of our students. We are elevating our student-centered approach to math literacy.
Striving for math remediation excellence is research-based and will be “effective for all, while essential for some” (Zecher, 2019).
We must look at the whole child, their full learning profile and work to address all their needs.
Please support the Changing Destinies Fund!
This year (2021-22), our priorities are:
- FA’s goal of achieving math remediation excellence
- Professional Development (annual fundraising priority)
- Financial Aid/Bursaries (annual fundraising priority)
…amongst other ongoing needs.
- Art & Digital Media enhancements, including drafting tables, cameras, computer and audio recording equipment upgrades
- 17 classroom upgrades: custom student-centered furniture
- A new Sports Pad
- A new coding curriculum and Robotics Lab
- Renovations to the Junior and Senior Music Rooms
- Multi-purpose areas
- School-wide technology & presentation enhancements
- Smart Boards technology
- Incorporating Wellness into the Building Cognition Program
- A new 24-person school bus
Your support directly enhances our students’ experiences through ensuring an optimal learning environment.
Please give what you can and help us continue to build a stronger community together.
Donors who give $2,500 and above (during the school year) are invited to the annual Board Chair’s Donor Recognition Dinner.
Culture of Giving
Philanthropy leads to transformational change.
Our fundraising efforts and culture of philanthropy are key to our present and future in serving students’ learning needs.
Thank you for further investing in Fraser Academy and for changing destiny by changing minds.
How to Make a Contribution
Your gift can be given in several ways, such as in cash, and through instalments, securities or company matching donations. We welcome meeting with you to discuss your giving interests.
- Submit the online donation form below.
- Call our Advancement Office at 604 736 5575 to make your pledge by phone, payable by credit card.
- Send in your cheque by mail: Advancement Office, Fraser Academy, 2294 W 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V6K 2H8.
- To give via a stock donation, please contact Heather Altas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604 736 5575 to request our Stock Transfer Form.
Planned giving is an inspiring and transformational way to make a meaningful donation today with a lasting impact for tomorrow. It provides the opportunity to invest in our students for generations to come, and ensure the optimal educational environment for them at Fraser Academy.
Planned giving options include bequests (naming Fraser Academy as a beneficiary in your will), life insurance and other products (through donating these products, or again naming Fraser Academy as a beneficiary).
Also, planned giving may provide certain tax benefits to you or your estate. We can work with you and your tax, legal and financial advisers on planned gift options. Information on planned giving provided by Fraser Academy does not constitute legal, tax or financial advice and such professional advice should be sought in the process of structuring such a gift.
Connect With Us
For more information on donations, how to make a gift or questions regarding your tax receipt, please contact Heather Altas, Chief Advancement Officer, at email@example.com or 604 736 5575.