Your gift will enable:
- Installation of new sinks and cabinets for better storage solutions to support a more organized classroom
- Purchasing new art equipment including drying racks and modular work tables that will provide additional workspace for students to express their creativity
- Abatement of the art classrooms to allow for the safe installation of new furniture
The 2023-24 Changing Destinies Fund supports:
- Art Room Improvements: Nurture our students’ imaginations with a refreshed space and new materials.
- Financial Aid: Help families overcome the financial barrier of accessing a specialized education.
- Professional Development: Provide our educators with the tools they need to provide an excellent student experience.
- Other Ongoing Needs
We need your help! Many students with dyslexia gravitate towards the arts, and often demonstrate remarkable creativity. At Fraser Academy, our curriculum caters to this unique dyslexic strength, by integrating the arts into areas of learning such as Math, Science, English, and Social Studies, in addition to providing focused Visual Arts instruction. However, our students’ creativity has outgrown our art classrooms. The rooms do not have adequate workspaces or the proper storage solutions, which leaves our students feeling distracted in a cluttered space. By supporting the ways that our students’ brilliant minds work, we are changing destinies.
- Math Department enhancements:
- School-wide assessment tools
- Document cameras to improve the learning experience
- Multisensory hands-on learning instruments
- Access to resources and leading research for educators
- Developed common language and approaches for teaching foundational numeracy skills
- Incorporated multisensory and “concrete, representational, abstract” (CRA) methods into lesson plans
- Further developed our procedures to quickly identify each student’s prior gaps in learning, and established learning goals and targets specific to each grade
- Created resources for fluency, strategy lists for lesson plans, classroom hands-on and manipulative learning, and additional instructor tools
- Continued investment in staff and faculty in the area of remedial math instruction
- Art & Digital Media enhancements, including drafting tables, cameras, computer and audio recording equipment upgrades
- 17 classroom upgrades: custom student-centered furniture
- A new Sports Pad
- A new coding curriculum and Robotics Lab
- Renovations to the Junior and Senior Music Rooms
- Multi-purpose areas
- School-wide technology & presentation enhancements
- Smart Boards technology
- Incorporating Wellness into the Building Cognition Program
- A new 24-person school bus
Culture of Giving
Ways to Give
- Make a one-time or monthly gift (see online donation form below).
- Call the Advancement Office at 604 736 5575 to make your gift by phone, payable by credit card.
- Send in your cheque by mail: Advancement Office, Fraser Academy, 2294 W 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V6K 2H8.
- To give via publicly traded securities, please contact Heather Altas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604 736 5575 to request our Stock Transfer Form.
Planned giving is an inspiring and transformational way to make a meaningful donation today with a lasting impact for tomorrow. It provides the opportunity to invest in our students for generations to come, and ensure the optimal educational environment for them at Fraser Academy.
Planned giving options include bequests (naming Fraser Academy as a beneficiary in your will), life insurance and other products (through donating these products, or again naming Fraser Academy as a beneficiary).
Also, planned giving may provide certain tax benefits to you or your estate. We can work with you and your tax, legal and financial advisers on planned gift options. Information on planned giving provided by Fraser Academy does not constitute legal, tax or financial advice and such professional advice should be sought in the process of structuring such a gift.
Connect With Us
For more information on donations, how to make a gift or questions regarding your tax receipt, please contact the Advancement Office at 604 736 5575.
Heather Altas, Chief Advancement Officer | email@example.com
Kaela McDowell, Associate Director, Advancement | firstname.lastname@example.org
Madison Hord, Annual Giving & Alumni Officer | email@example.com