Located in Vancouver, BC’s Kitsilano neighbourhood, Fraser Academy is a leader in the field of education for students in grades 1-12 with language-based learning and processing disabilities, including dyslexia.
With a maximum of 10 students per class, the school follows the BC Ministry of Education curriculum. An impressive 90% of Fraser Academy grads go onto post-secondary education.
Fraser Academy is an accredited member of the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), the Independent Schools Association of British Columbia (ISABC), the International Dyslexia Association (IDA) and the Federation of Independent Schools Association (FISA).
Fraser Academy School is seeking a middle/senior school trained teacher to cover a maternity leave. This is a full time Humanities position, including courses in both English and Social Studies. The position will cover a maternity leave from January 8th, 2018 through to June 30th, 2018.
Located in Kitsilano, Fraser Academy is a fully accredited and highly effective academic day school, specifically for students Grades 2 to 12 who have dyslexia or other related language-based, learning and processing difficulties. With a maximum of ten students per class, the school follows the B.C. Ministry of Education Curriculum. An impressive 90% of Fraser Academy grads go onto post-secondary education. For more information about the school, please go to our website: www.fraseracademy.ca.
Fraser Academy is an accredited member of the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), the Independent Schools Association of British Columbia (ISABC), the International Dyslexia Association (IDA), and the Federation of Independent Schools Association (FISA).
- Belong to a team of dedicated professionals
- Continue professional growth and development through in-school workshops, speakers, and collaborative time with experienced teachers
- Participate in field trips, outdoor education trips, athletics, clubs, and leadership development
- Collaborate with Middle and Senior School teachers to plan, teach and assess units of study
- Participate in co-curricular activities (e.g. clubs, athletics, outdoor education, leadership development and supervision)
The ideal candidate requires the following:
- Bachelor of Education, Humanities focused Education Degree, or Special Education Degree
- Certification from the British Columbia Teacher Regulation Branch or certification application in process
- Able to encourage and motivate students with a range of abilities and learning styles
- Strong understanding of thinking skills development
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates may apply via email by submitting their resume, cover letter, and three references to Erin Kline email@example.com – Assistant Head of School, Teaching and Learning.
Located in the heart of Kitsilano, Fraser Academy is a highly effective academic school, enrolling students from grades 1 to 12 who have dyslexia or other related language-based, processing difficulties.
Fraser Academy is currently accepting applications for the maternity-leave coverage of our Full Time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant. This position will ideally start at the end of November. This is a diverse and fast-paced position and the ideal candidate should have 2 – 3 years experience in a similar role.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Answering and directing calls on a multi-line phone system
- Greeting and directing students, parents and school visitors
- Entering student and parent information into our Student Information System, MySchool
- Filing and photocopying
- Daily PA announcements
- Student records support
- Distributing faxes and mail
- Processing forms and payments for various events
- Providing clerical support and assistance to the staff, students and parents
- Events set-up and support
- Assisting with daily student attendance
- First-Aid support for students
The ideal candidate:
- has 2 – 3 years experience in a similar role
- is professional
- has had some post-secondary education in Administration
- is highly organized
- has their first-aid certification or is willing to complete the necessary training
- is able to multitask and switch from task to task easily
- is friendly and energetic
- is solution and service driven
- has experience in a school setting
- demonstrates a willingness to tackle all assignments with enthusiasm
- experience working with Microsoft Office programs and databases
- excellent written and oral communication skills
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and ask interested candidates to please submit a resume, cover letter and references to:
Ms. Brooke Ellison
2294 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6K 2H8
We will contact those applicants with whom we wish to schedule an interview.
Fraser Academy is currently seeking elementary trained Teachers On Call.
Fraser Academy is a fully accredited day school, which focuses on educating students in grades 1-12 with language-based learning disabilities. The Junior School consists of 60 students in Grades 2-6. These students are taught in small class sizes with up to ten students. Each student receives one-to-one language training daily and works with a variety of specialist teachers.
The ideal candidate requires the following:
- Bachelor of Education or Special Education
- Valid certification from the British Columbia Teacher Regulation Board
- A comprehensive understanding of current British Columbia Ministry of Education curriculum in area of specialization
- Able to motivate students with a range of abilities and learning styles
- Strong classroom management and communication skills and a reflective practice
- Assist with supervision duties and after school homework support
Applications and Other Documents:
Interested candidates may apply via email by submitting their resume, cover letter, and three references to Erin Cranston, Director of Junior School: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Junior School
2294 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V6K 2H8
Fraser Academy invites applications for part-time experienced Orton-Gillingham Tutors to work in our Fraser After 3 Program running Mondays to Thursday from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm during the school year. Successful candidates may choose how many students they wish to tutor. Each student will have a minimum of two sessions per week.
Candidates must have an undergraduate university degree and relevant experience working with children and adolescents. In addition to teaching foundational reading and spelling skills, Fraser Academy tutors provide support in writing skills, study skills as well as strategies for reading comprehension and executive functioning difficulties. Programs are tailored to meet individual student needs.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Jo Stebbings, Department Head, Learning Services, at email@example.com. We will contact only those candidates we wish to interview.