Our programs are designed to help students with language-based learning differences become successful, independent learners. If you feel that our school is a good fit for your family, we welcome you to submit an application package.
Our Admissions Team is happy to answer any questions you may have about admissions, how to apply, or how to arrange a school tour. Please submit the Admissions Inquiry Form at the bottom of this page. One of the best opportunities to see Fraser Academy “in action” is to join us at one of our four Open Houses held each school year.
An application package includes the following documents:
- Fraser Academy Application Form
- Report cards from the past two years
- A copy of your son/daughter’s psycho-educational assessment from within the past three years
- Any other applicable reports or assessments
We accept applications year round.
Submit your completed application along with your application processing fee of $500 to: Fraser Academy Admissions, 2294 West 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V6K 2H8.
Once Fraser Academy has determined that the application is complete, we will begin the process of review.
If it is determined that your child is a candidate for the school, we will schedule an appointment, which includes an interview and intake assessment. We want families to get a good sense of the school, and we’d like to get a good sense of your child.
Fraser Academy is committed to student welfare and success, therefore, we want to ensure that the match between your son or daughter and the school is the right one.
Fraser Academy takes many factors into consideration before making a decision on each applicant. These include:
- Past academic performance
- Results of psycho-educational assessment
- Results of in-house intake assessment
- Impressions gathered from the interview
- Your son/daughter’s suitability to Fraser Academy’s program
- Recommendations from qualified psychologists, psychiatrists or certified education specialists.
Applicants are notified of acceptance within two weeks of the interview. In some cases, applicants are accepted to a waitlist pending availability.
Our educational program is tailored to meet the specific individual learning needs of each student. We offer small class sizes with a maximum of 10 students, as well as one-to-one and small group (average 4 students) language instruction. As a non-profit organization, our tuition fees reflect the services we provide. Many parents whose children are diagnosed with a language-based learning disorder have found that because of the school’s therapeutic instruction, Fraser Academy tuition has been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as a medical deduction. Please talk to your accountant or tax advisor regarding Qualifying Medical Expenses (QMEs) and health care trusts as they apply to your family’s personal situation. Fraser Academy’s annual tuition fees are available by contacting our Team Lead of Admissions, Naomi Johnston, at 604 736 5575 x 5505.
We believe that all children and youth, regardless of economic situation, deserve an education in a setting where they can learn and prosper. Every year, 10-15% of our families receive financial aid. The level of assistance ranges and can cover up to 50% of tuition costs. If you are interested in applying for a bursary, please note the following:
- A student must have submitted an application to Fraser Academy prior to applying for bursary assistance.
- Applications are submitted to and processed by an independent third-party, Apple Financial.
- A blind, case by case needs-based analysis guides the bursary committee in its decision making process. Information provided in each bursary application is kept strictly confidential.
- There is a $50 application fee, payable online. You can apply for the 2019/20 school year by clicking here. The bursary application deadline for the 2019/20 school year is April 30, 2019.
We are committed to ensuring that all bursary funds are fairly appropriated according to need.
You’re Welcome at Our Open House
We offer Open Houses four times a year, in October, November, February and April:
Experience the learning environment at Fraser Academy through an informative presentation, student lead tours and Q&A panel with students and faculty.
Doors open at 9:30 am. Join us for coffee with our faculty before a presentation by Mrs. Steltman, Head of School, which begins at 9:45 am sharp. Please arrive early to allow time for parking.
We’re here to help your family.
Naomi Johnston is happy to answer any questions you have about admissions, how to apply, or how to arrange a school tour.
Please submit the Admissions Inquiry Form below, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Naomi Johnston at 604 736 5575 x 5505.