Our programs are designed to help students with language-based learning differences become successful, independent learners. If you feel that our school is a good fit for your family, we welcome you to contact our Admissions Team, explore the school, and submit an online application.
Join Us for an Open House
Our next Open House will be in the fall of 2023. Experience the FA program and learning environment through a presentation by members of our leadership team, a student-led school tour and a Q&A panel with students. Registration for our next Open House dates will open in September. If you would like to be notified when Open House registration is live, please complete this form.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions in the meantime.
How to Apply
2023/24 School Year
A few spaces remain in select grades within our Junior School (Gr 2-6). While we no longer have spaces in our Middle and Senior School (Gr 7-12), please feel welcome to submit an application for consideration for the waitpool. Applications can be submitted via our Admissions Portal.
We invite prospective families to connect with our Admissions team to find out more about Fraser Academy prior to submitting an application.
Attend an Open Houses (virtual or in-person) – click here to register
Have a question? Please submit your inquiry via our Admissions Inquiry Form, call us, or click here to schedule a time for our Admissions team to call you. We look forward to hearing from you.
The date you complete your application determines the non-refundable application fee (payable when you submit your online application form):
- $500 Regular Fee; $400 Early Bird Fee if completed before December 1, 2022
- $50 Reapplicant Fee (completion before February 15, 2023)
How to Submit
To start your 2023/24 application, create an account and login to our Admissions Portal:
- Select the appropriate application form, click “Fill Out,” complete and submit.
For returning users (including reapplicants):
- Ensure the application form you see on your Admissions Progress page relates to entry to the 2023/24 school year. If not, scroll to the bottom right of the page and click the red “Apply Another Child” button. Then, select your child’s name (or add the name of a sibling if applying for another child), enter the year and grade you are applying to, and select either the “New Applicant Form – 2023-24 entry” or “Reapplicant Form – 2023-24 entry” to complete and submit.
- Note for recent reapplicants: Applicants who previously submitted a complete application and who were waitpooled for the 2021/22 and/or 2022/23 school year should “Fill Out” the “Reapplicant Form – 2023-24 entry” to reduce their reapplication fee to $50.
Within 1-2 business days following submission of the online Application Form, please log back into your myFA portal. There you will find an applicant checklist to which you can upload all requested supporting materials to complete your application.
Supporting Materials Required
We recommend collecting the following supporting materials prior to beginning your online application:
- Step A – Applicant photo (headshot); family photo; applicant’s birth certificate; current PsychoEducational Assessment (dated no later than 2020); and any previous PsychoEducational Assessment(s) (if applicable).
- Step B – School reports for the school years 2020-21 and 2021-22 (plus 2022-23 if available); Individual Education Plan (IEP) (if available); any assessments or reports relevant to an academic, health, or social emotional perspective; and (for Grade 10-12 applicants only), a list of all courses anticipated to be completed during the 2022/23 school year.
Financial Assistance Applications
A limited amount of financial assistance remains available for new applicant families who apply to the school after April 1, 2023. For more information about how to apply, see the section “Bursary Assistance” below.
Following review of your complete application, if it is determined that your child is a potential candidate for the school, we will schedule an interview and intake assessment (beginning January 2023). We want families to get a good sense of the school, and we’d like to get a good sense of your child.
To ensure that the match between your child and the school is the right one, we take many factors into consideration before making a decision, including:
- Past academic performance and future academic potential
- PsychoEducational Assessment(s)
- Impressions gathered from the interview and results of the in-house intake assessment
- Your child’s suitability for Fraser Academy’s program and learning environment
- Availability of space in the grade
- Recommendations from qualified psychologists, psychiatrists or certified education specialists.
Applicants who apply by the February 15, 2023 application deadline will receive priority consideration for first-round offers and be notified of our admissions decision by the end of March 2023.
Applications for all years are accepted, however, our main intake years are in the Junior School (Grades 1-6), Grade 8, and Grade 10.
Those who apply after the February 15, 2023 application deadline will be considered only if space in the grade (or waitpool) allows.
Following interview and assessment, students meeting our general admissions criteria may be:
- Waitpooled (if there is insufficient space in the grade applied to, despite meeting admissions criteria for the 2023/24 school year). Candidates in the waitpool may be considered for future openings in that grade. Acceptance from the waitpool is based on best fit for the program and learning environment, not first come, first served;
- Declined (not offered acceptance for the 2023/24 school year).
Our educational program is tailored to meet the specific individual learning needs of each student. We offer small class sizes with a maximum of 10 students (Grade 1-9) and up to 12 students (Grade 10-12), as well as one-to-one and small group (2-4 students) language instruction, and specialist teachers for athletics, music and the arts. As a non-profit organization, our tuition fees reflect the services we provide.
Many parents whose children are diagnosed with a language-based learning disorder have found that because of the school’s therapeutic instruction, Fraser Academy tuition has been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as a medical deduction or Qualifying Medical Expense (QME) (Court File No. 90-1931(IT)).
Please seek your own professional advice to determine if the following could apply to your family’s personal financial situation:
- Claiming tuition fees as a QME when submitting your annual tax return (in the same way that you claim other medical expenses such as dental, vision etc.);
- Paying tuition fees via a Health Spending Account offered by your employer’s medical insurance plan; or
- For those who own their own business, speaking to an insurance broker to determine whether it would be advantageous to set up a Private Health Services Plan (PHSP) which is a CRA approved plan that may enable businesses to convert medical expenses into a fully tax deductible business expense.
Fraser Academy’s annual tuition fees are available by contacting our Team Lead of Admissions, Naomi Johnston, at 604 736 5575 x 5502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe that all children and youth, regardless of economic situation, deserve an education in a setting where they can learn and prosper. Every year, 10-15% of our families receive bursary assistance, covering 5 – 50% of tuition costs. Best efforts are made to accommodate as many eligible families as possible. Financial assistance is not guaranteed.
If you are interested in applying for a bursary, please note the following:
- Existing and prospective families may apply for bursary assistance.
- Prospective students must have submitted an application to Fraser Academy prior to applying for bursary assistance.
- Bursary assistance must be applied for annually.
- Applications are submitted to, and processed by, an independent third-party, currently Apple Financial.
- A blind, case-by-case, needs-based analysis guides Fraser Academy’s Bursary Committee in its decision making process. Information provided in each bursary application is kept strictly confidential.
- There is a $130 non-refundable application fee for bursary, payable online.
- The bursary application deadline for the 2023/24 school year is February 1, 2023 for returning students and February 15, 2023 for new applicants who apply for entry to the school by the February 15, 2023 application deadline. For new applicants who apply for entry to the school after April 1, 2023, a small amount of financial assistance remains available and families are encouraged to apply ASAP. Please ensure that your application is submitted several weeks in advance of this deadline to give Apple Financial plenty of time to review and verify that your application is complete. Applications deemed incomplete by the deadline may be ineligible for consideration for bursary assistance.
- Results will be communicated to existing Fraser Academy families in the spring. Prospective new families will receive results if and when an offer of acceptance is made.
- A student’s need for financial assistance does not affect admissions eligibility.
Fraser Academy is committed to working with families to make our school more affordable and ensures that all awards are fairly appropriated according to need and availability of funds.
Some families have also had success applying for external grants from, for example, CKNW Kid’s Fund and Variety – The Children’s Charity.
Since coming to Fraser Academy, my daughter’s reading scores have gone from the 1st percentile to the 86th percentile. She loves to read and write now. I see this as the best possible investment in my daughter’s future.Shelley O, Parent
Our Admissions Team is happy to answer any questions you may have. We make it our priority to ensure your family’s admissions experience is as individualized as possible.
To begin the conversation, submit the Admissions Inquiry Form, email email@example.com, call 604 736 5575 x 5502, or schedule a time for us to call you. We look forward to getting to know your family!