Our programs are designed to help students with language-based learning differences become successful, independent learners. If you feel that our school is a good fit for your family, we welcome you to submit an application package.
One of the best opportunities to see Fraser Academy “in action” is to join us at one of our four Open Houses held each school year. During an Open House, you will experience the learning environment at Fraser Academy through an informative presentation by the Head of School, Mrs. Maureen Steltman, student led tours, and a Q&A panel with students and faculty.
If you can’t attend one of our Open Houses, please contact us to arrange a separate visit.
An application package includes the following documents:
- Fraser Academy Application Form
- Report cards from the current school year, and the past two school years
- A copy of your child’s psycho-educational assessment dated within the past three years
- Any other applicable reports or assessments that are relevant from an academic, health, or social emotional perspective
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport
- A recent family photograph
We are now accepting applications for the 2020/2021 school year. Applications must be submitted by February 15, 2020. Applications received after February 15, 2020 will be considered if places remain available.
If you are looking to join us mid-way through the current 2019/20 school year, please contact us directly to inquire about availability before submitting an application.
Please submit your completed application package along with your application processing fee of $500 to: Fraser Academy Admissions, 2294 West 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V6K 2H8.
Once Fraser Academy has determined that the application is complete, we will begin the process of review.
If it is determined that your child is a potential candidate for the school, we will schedule an appointment, which includes an interview and intake assessment. We want families to get a good sense of the school, and we’d like to get a good sense of your child.
Fraser Academy is committed to student welfare and success, therefore, we want to ensure that the match between your child and the school is the right one.
Fraser Academy takes many factors into consideration before making a decision on each applicant. These include:
- Past academic performance
- Results of psycho-educational assessment
- Results of in-house intake assessment
- Impressions gathered from the interview
- Your child’s suitability to Fraser Academy’s program
- Recommendations from qualified psychologists, psychiatrists or certified education specialists.
Applicants who apply by the February 15, 2020 application deadline will be notified of our admissions decision by the end of March 2020.
Families who are accepted and who applied for bursary assistance (see below) will be notified of their financial aid award at the same time.
In some cases, applicants may be accepted to a waitlist pending availability.
Our educational program is tailored to meet the specific individual learning needs of each student. We offer small class sizes with a maximum of 10 students, as well as one-to-one and small group (average 4 students) language instruction. As a non-profit organization, our tuition fees reflect the services we provide. Many parents whose children are diagnosed with a language-based learning disorder have found that because of the school’s therapeutic instruction, Fraser Academy tuition has been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as a medical deduction. Please talk to your accountant or tax advisor regarding Qualifying Medical Expenses (QMEs) and health care trusts as they apply to your family’s personal situation. Fraser Academy’s annual tuition fees are available by contacting our Team Lead of Admissions, Naomi Johnston, at 604 736 5575 x 5505.
We believe that all children and youth, regardless of economic situation, deserve an education in a setting where they can learn and prosper. Every year, 10-15% of our families receive financial aid. The level of assistance ranges and can cover up to 50% of tuition costs. If you are interested in applying for a bursary, please note the following:
- A student must have submitted an application to Fraser Academy prior to applying for bursary assistance.
- Applications are submitted to and processed by an independent third-party, Apple Financial.
- A blind, case by case needs-based analysis guides the bursary committee in its decision making process. Information provided in each bursary application is kept strictly confidential.
- There is a $60 application fee, payable online. You can apply for the 2020/21 school year by clicking here. The bursary application deadline for the 2020/21 school year is February 15, 2020.
You’re Welcome at Our Open House
Upcoming dates: February 6 and April 21, 2020
Experience the learning environment at Fraser Academy through an informative presentation, student lead tours and Q&A panel with students and faculty.
Doors open at 9:35 am. Join us for coffee with our faculty before a presentation by Mrs. Steltman, Head of School, which begins at 9:45 am sharp. Please allow time for parking.
We’re here to help your family.
Our Admissions Team is happy to answer any questions you have about admissions, how to apply, or how to arrange a school tour.
Please submit the Admissions Inquiry Form below, email email@example.com, or call 604 736 5575 x 5505.