Our programs are designed to help students with language-based learning differences become successful, independent learners. If you feel that our school is a good fit for your family, we welcome you to contact our Admissions Team, explore the school, and submit an application package.
Join Us for an Open House *via ZOOM*
Experience the program and learning environment at Fraser Academy through a presentation from our head of school and a Q&A panel with students and faculty.
Upcoming Virtual Open House:
- Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 10am – RSVP here
How to Apply
We are continuing to accept applications for the 2021/22 school year for select grades only. Please contact Admissions before making an application to determine if there is still space remaining in your grade.
We are no longer accepting applications for the current 2020/21 school year.
For those wishing to apply (or re-apply) to the 2022/23 school year, applications may be submitted after September 2021. Please check our website in Fall 2021 for details. The application deadline for those seeking priority consideration for the 2022/23 school year will be February 15, 2022.
An application package includes the following documents:
- Fraser Academy Application Form
- Current psycho-educational assessment dated no later than September 2018 for those applying to the 2021/22 school year (or no later than September 2019 for those applying to the 2022/23 school year) – plus any previous assessment, if applicable
- Report cards from the current school year (if available), and the past two school years
- Current Individual Education Plan (IEP), if available
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport
- A recent family photograph
- Any other applicable reports or assessments that are relevant from an academic, health, or social emotional perspective
- $500 non-refundable application fee
Applications are not considered complete until all supporting documents are received. If you are booked in for a psycho-educational assessment but have not yet received the final report, you are welcome to submit an incomplete application in the meantime. Please indicate the dates of testing on the Application Form so we know when to anticipate you submitting the final report to complete your application.
Note: For those wishing to be considered for Bursary Assistance, the bursary application deadline is February 15 prior to September school start.
Following review of your complete application, if it is determined that your child is a potential candidate for the school, we will schedule an appointment, which includes an interview and intake assessment. We want families to get a good sense of the school, and we’d like to get a good sense of your child.
Fraser Academy is committed to student welfare and success, therefore, we want to ensure that the match between your child and the school is the right one.
Fraser Academy takes many factors into consideration before making a decision on each applicant. These include:
- Past academic performance
- Results of psycho-educational assessment
- Results of in-house intake assessment
- Impressions gathered from the interview
- Your child’s suitability to Fraser Academy’s program and learning environment
- Availability of space in the grade
- Recommendations from qualified psychologists, psychiatrists or certified education specialists.
Please note: Due to the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, interviews and in-house intake assessments may be held virtually.
Applicants who apply by the February 15, 2021 application deadline will receive priority consideration for first-round offers and be notified of our admissions decision by the end of March 2021.
Applicants who apply after the February 15, 2021 application deadline will be assessed as soon as possible (as space in the grade permits) and decisions will be made on a rolling basis.
Waitpool: Following interview and assessment, if a student meets our general admissions criteria but there is insufficient space in a grade, the student may be placed in a waitpool. Candidates in the waitpool may be re-considered for acceptance should space become available. Acceptance from the waitpool is based on best fit for the program and learning environment, not first come, first served.
Since coming to Fraser Academy, my daughter’s reading scores have gone from the 1st percentile to the 86th percentile. She loves to read and write now. I see this as the best possible investment in my daughter’s future.Shelley O, Parent
Our educational program is tailored to meet the specific individual learning needs of each student. We offer small class sizes with a maximum of 10 students (Grade 1-9) and up to 12 students (Grade 10-12), as well as one-to-one and small group (average 3-4 students) language instruction, and specialist teachers for athletics, music and the arts. As a non-profit organization, our tuition fees reflect the services we provide.
Many parents whose children are diagnosed with a language-based learning disorder have found that because of the school’s therapeutic instruction, Fraser Academy tuition has been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as a medical deduction or Qualifying Medical Expense (QME) (Court File No. 90-1931(IT)).
Please seek your own professional advice to determine if the following could apply to your family’s personal financial situation:
- Claiming tuition fees as a QME when submitting your annual tax return (in the same way that you claim other medical expenses such as dental, vision etc.);
- Paying tuition fees via a Health Spending Account offered by your employer’s medical insurance plan; or
- For those who own their own business, speaking to an insurance broker to determine whether it would be advantageous to set up a Private Health Services Plan (PHSP) which is a CRA approved plan that may enable businesses to convert medical expenses into a fully tax deductible business expense.
Fraser Academy’s annual tuition fees are available by contacting our Team Lead of Admissions, Naomi Johnston, at 604 736 5575 x 5505.
We believe that all children and youth, regardless of economic situation, deserve an education in a setting where they can learn and prosper. Every year, 10-15% of our families receive bursary assistance, covering up to 50% of tuition costs. If you are interested in applying for a bursary, please note the following:
- A student must have submitted an application to Fraser Academy prior to applying for bursary assistance.
- Applications are submitted to and processed by an independent third-party, Apple Financial.
- A blind, case by case needs-based analysis guides the bursary committee in its decision making process. Information provided in each bursary application is kept strictly confidential.
- There is a $60 application fee, payable online. You can apply for the 2021/22 school year by clicking here. The bursary application deadline for the 2021/22 school year is February 15, 2021.
- Should your child be accepted to Fraser Academy, you will be notified of your financial aid award at the time of acceptance.
- A student’s need for financial assistance does not affect admissions eligibility.
Fraser Academy is committed to working with families to make our school more affordable and ensures that all awards are fairly appropriated according to need and availability of funds. Awards are granted for one year at a time and must be applied for annually.
Contact Us – We’re Here to help your family
Our Admissions Team is happy to answer any questions you may have. We make it our priority to ensure your family’s admissions experience is as individualized as possible.
Although our campus is currently closed to visitors in response to COVID-19, we can still meet by phone, email, and/or virtually on Zoom. Virtual guided photo tours of our campus are also available – please reach out to make arrangements.