Our programs are designed to help students with language-based learning differences become successful, independent learners. If you feel that our school is a good fit for your family, we welcome you to contact our Admissions Team, explore the school, and submit an online application.
Join Us for an Open House
Experience the program and learning environment at Fraser Academy through a presentation via Zoom by members of our leadership team and a Q&A panel with students and faculty. Open House dates for 2022-22 will be released soon!
How to Apply
2022/23 School Year
We are now accepting applications via our new online Admissions Portal. Priority consideration for the first round of offers for the 2022/23 school year will be given to those applying by February 15, 2022. If you plan to apply after this date, please contact Admissions directly to inquire about remaining space in the grade (or waitpool).
2021/22 School Year
Prospective families are encouraged to register for an Open House plus a tour (in-person or virtual) to explore Fraser Academy.
Open Houses (Virtual or In-Person) – click here for details
Campus Tours (Virtual) – Admissions staff will bring the school to life via ZOOM through a series of photos, commentary and Q&A (up to four families per tour) – Book Now
Campus Tours (In-person) – Join us for an in-person tour of our campus led by Admissions staff or a student ambassador. Space is limited (one household per tour). Contact Admissions directly to make arrangements for an In-Person Tour.
To start your application, login to our online Admissions Portal. Complete applications received by February 15, 2022 will receive priority consideration for the first round of offers for the 2022-23 school year. If you plan to apply after February 15, 2022, please contact Admissions directly to inquire about remaining space in the grade (or waitpool).
$400 Early Bird Application Fee – for complete applications received before December 1, 2021
$500 Regular Application Fee – for complete applications completed after December 1, 2021
Note: A complete application includes submission of the online Application Form (including Application Fee) AND all required Supporting Materials:
- Current PsychoEducational Assessment dated no earlier than September 2019 (please contact Admissions for guidance if you cannot meet this date requirement), as well as any previous PsychoEducational Assessments
- Applicant’s birth certificate or passport
- Photo (headshot) of the Applicant and a recent family photograph
- Final report cards for 2019/20 and 2020/21 school year
- Mid-year and final report cards for 2021/22 school year (when available)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) (if applicable)
- Any assessments or reports relevant to an academic, health, or social emotional perspective
- For those applying to Gr 11 and 12 only: a list of all courses anticipated to be completed during the 2021/22 school year
Note for Re-applicants: Candidates who were waitpooled for the 2021/22 school year may re-apply to the 2022/23 school year via the new Admissions Portal without payment of an Application Fee. Please contact Admissions to arrange for a fee waiver code. If considering a re-application, please ensure your child’s PsychoEducational Assessment is dated no earlier than September 2019 for September 2022 entry.
Following review of your complete application, if it is determined that your child is a potential candidate for the school, we will schedule an interview and intake assessment (beginning January 2022). We want families to get a good sense of the school, and we’d like to get a good sense of your child.
To ensure that the match between your child and the school is the right one, we take many factors into consideration before making a decision, including:
- Past academic performance
- PsychoEducational Assessment(s)
- Results of in-house intake assessment
- Impressions gathered from the interview
- Your child’s suitability for Fraser Academy’s program and learning environment
- Availability of space in the grade
- Recommendations from qualified psychologists, psychiatrists or certified education specialists.
Please note: Due to the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, interviews and in-house intake assessments may be held virtually.
2022/23 School Year
Applicants who apply by the February 15, 2022 application deadline (including those who apply by the December 1, 2021 Early Bird deadline) will receive priority consideration for first-round offers and be notified of our admissions decision by the end of March 2022.
While applications for all years are accepted, our main intake years are in the Junior School. Spaces in all other grades are dependent on attrition. As in recent years, we anticipate that the majority of available spaces will be filled by those who meet the application deadline.
Those who apply after the February 15, 2022 application deadline will be considered only if space in the grade (or waitpool) allows.
Following interview and assessment, students meeting our general admissions criteria may be:
- Waitpooled (if there is insufficient space in the grade applied to, despite meeting admissions criteria for the 2022/23 school year). Candidates in the waitpool may be considered for future openings in that grade. Acceptance from the waitpool is based on best fit for the program and learning environment, not first come, first served;
- Declined (not offered acceptance for the 2022/23 school year).
Our educational program is tailored to meet the specific individual learning needs of each student. We offer small class sizes with a maximum of 10 students (Grade 1-9) and up to 12 students (Grade 10-12), as well as one-to-one and small group (average 2-4 students) language instruction, and specialist teachers for athletics, music and the arts. As a non-profit organization, our tuition fees reflect the services we provide.
Many parents whose children are diagnosed with a language-based learning disorder have found that because of the school’s therapeutic instruction, Fraser Academy tuition has been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as a medical deduction or Qualifying Medical Expense (QME) (Court File No. 90-1931(IT)).
Please seek your own professional advice to determine if the following could apply to your family’s personal financial situation:
- Claiming tuition fees as a QME when submitting your annual tax return (in the same way that you claim other medical expenses such as dental, vision etc.);
- Paying tuition fees via a Health Spending Account offered by your employer’s medical insurance plan; or
- For those who own their own business, speaking to an insurance broker to determine whether it would be advantageous to set up a Private Health Services Plan (PHSP) which is a CRA approved plan that may enable businesses to convert medical expenses into a fully tax deductible business expense.
Fraser Academy’s annual tuition fees are available by contacting our Team Lead of Admissions, Naomi Johnston, at 604 736 5575 x 5505.
We believe that all children and youth, regardless of economic situation, deserve an education in a setting where they can learn and prosper. Every year, 10-15% of our families receive bursary assistance, covering up to 50% of tuition costs. If you are interested in applying for a bursary, please note the following:
- Existing and prospective students may apply for bursary assistance.
- A prospective student must have applied to Fraser Academy prior to applying separately for bursary assistance.
- Bursary assistance applications are submitted to, and processed by, an independent third-party, Apple Financial – Apply Now.
- A blind, case by case needs-based analysis guides the bursary committee in its decision making process. Information provided in each bursary application is kept strictly confidential.
- There is a $60 application fee, payable online. The deadline for applications for bursary assistance for the 2022/23 school year is February 15, 2022. Please ensure that your application is submitted in advance of this deadline to give Apple Financial plenty of time to review and verify that your application is complete. Incomplete application may be deemed ineligible for consideration for bursary assistance.
- Existing students will be notified by Spring Break 2022. Should your child be accepted to Fraser Academy, you will be notified of your financial aid award at the time of acceptance.
- A student’s need for financial assistance does not affect admissions eligibility.
Fraser Academy is committed to working with families to make our school more affordable and ensures that all awards are fairly appropriated according to need and availability of funds. Awards are granted for one year at a time and must be applied for annually.
Since coming to Fraser Academy, my daughter’s reading scores have gone from the 1st percentile to the 86th percentile. She loves to read and write now. I see this as the best possible investment in my daughter’s future.Shelley O, Parent
Contact Us – We’re Here to help your family
Our Admissions Team is happy to answer any questions you may have. We make it our priority to ensure your family’s admissions experience is as individualized as possible.