The class takes part in approximately 60 days of local fieldwork and multi-day trips, including two 2-week expeditions.
Students in the Odyssey program participate fully in all aspects of the regular grade 11 curricula with an additional focus on:
- Developing leadership
- Improving executive functioning skills
- Understanding risks and decision making
- Developing personal, environmental, and social awareness
- Enhancing outdoor skills through wilderness experiences
- Connecting classroom learning with place-based field trips
- Building critical, creative, and collaborative thinking
The Odyssey program fee for 2017-2018 is $3500 in addition to regular tuition. This fee includes instruction and guides, transportation, group and rental equipment, camping fees, all local field trip related costs, and miscellaneous expenses.
There are three $1000 bursaries available for families to apply directly to this program.