David Beckingham Rock School – Summer 2017
David Beckingham is offering a week-long songwriting and music program at Fraser Academy this summer for students in Grades 8-10. David graduated from Fraser Academy in 2002 and went on to form the successful band Hey Ocean! (Universal Records). In this rock program students will:
- Receive instruction from professional musicians and songwriters
- Go through the process of forming a band
- Get to play and improve your drums, guitars, bass and/or keyboard skills
- Receive instruction on guitar technique and learn new guitar chords
- Learn to play cover songs (songs by other bands) as a band
- Experience writing original riffs and lyrics
- Record your band’s original song on industry standard software
- Produce a CD complete with album design and original song(s) on it
- Perform a concert for family and friends
- Gain new confidence in your musical ability and have a blast doing it
Summer Camp – July 31 to August 4, 2017
Time: 10:30 am to 3:00 pm Mon – Thurs; 10:30 am to 4:30 pm on Friday
* There will be a concert for family members and friends at 4:00 pm on Friday.
Cost for week-long camp: $395
Beginners are welcome! Gr 8-10 students from any school can register. Please register early as space is limited!
About David Beckingham
David is a singer/songwriter and the guitarist co-founder of the Canadian Indie pop Band Hey Ocean!. He has written songs that have charted on Canadian and German radio and have aired on primetime television shows in the US, Canada and Germany. He is currently on a break from touring, living and teaching in Vancouver and working on an album.
Watch David and his bandmates performing “Smile like the Sun” in partnership with the St. James Music Academy for kids.